Thursday, January 21, 2016

Afternoon Thoughts


This afternoon was a movie. I am walking towards the nearest Union Bank and everything was gray. Stark gray. Overhead, dark unknown birds hovered across the sky. It was post-apocalyptic. That scene where the world has ended but humanity hasn't even figured it out yet. A jogger continues his pilgrimage towards good health not knowing that he might need every ounce of his energy once zombies start spilling into the world. An eerie sunlight manifests this current Earth that I am in. And I continue to walk towards the bank. Although money is not really a necessity when everything collapses.

2 comments:

  1. I read the first four lines using different palette- how everything seems silvery bright that afternoon, yellow bird hovering across the cerulean sky.

    The narrative of your afternoon could be on a totally different light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The right description really can take you to places. I could have painted a brighter picture but I guess my mood was just all over the place that day.

      Delete