Friday, June 19, 2015

Matilda Molded Me


It was only after watching Matilda again when I realized how much the film has shaped my childhood. It was Matilda and her eternal love for literature that has fueled me to actually indulge in fiction (and maybe also made me hope that more than 10% of my brain will be unhinged to enable me to control things with my mind).

Fiction has truly influenced me and enabled me to filter myself into every character that I read, to fill somebody else's shoes, to empathize with his struggles and revel with his joys. Fiction actually made me a better person.  It allowed me to look beyond what people portray. I know what it's like to be a boy in Nazi Germany, an old man fishing for the greatest catch of his life or a passive-aggressive 30-year old who's looking for his wife.

I am simply and naturally in love with fiction. And I am certainly glad that my path, and Matilda's, crossed.

4 comments:

  1. Can we call it, the Matilda effect then? Watched it also when I was a child. I think, the precociousness of a child always sells. You'll be amazed and can't help but just love them. What more if they are your nieces or nephews! Keep writing! :) Your posts are a breath of fresh air!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have this one year old cousin and everyday is a seriously amazing experience. Children are beautiful.

      I think the air's just fresh over there because it's raining. Or maybe you have breath fresheners. Haha. But thank you for the compliments Sir :)

      Delete
  2. You're welcome. I couldn't agree more on your first one.

    Haha. At this time, raining spells foul air, after long season of summer. On the the breath fresheners account, I have none. So it's entirely your posts. They're not preachy that's why they're a good read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just think my posts are generally egoistic. Hahaha. But thank you. Really :)

      Delete