Saturday, September 6, 2014

#TenBooksThatHaveNeverLeftYou


  1. Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
  2. 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami
  3. The Wind-up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami
  4. Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
  5. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon
  6. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
  7. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  8. Stardust by Neil Gaiman
  9. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
  10. Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes by Edith Hamilton
Before you judge me, I can explain the Murakami. One, I am a member of his cult and two, is that most of the books in my reading list are his works. (I am crediting the past two years of rummaging the interwebs for pdf versions of his novels. Thank you God for the internet.)

The other titles on the list are favorites that I can never forget. I would have included classics if I had the patience for The Great Gatsby or Anna Karenina or The Brothers Karamazov or a Jane Austin. But anyway, it is what it is.

4 comments:

  1. It is apparent that you are not a Murakami fan! :D I am not yet done with 1Q84 book 2. It's not a book. It's a fckng tome! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I am. Right after the first few pages of Kafka on the Shore :D

      Hahaha. Yes. It's quite a handful. It actually took me ten months of reading before I actually finished the entire 1Q84. It was hard to insert reading on a busy itinerary.

      Delete
    2. Really? Lol that makes me feel better! �� I've been at it since January this year. Gaaahd I'm not even halfway through the second book. ��

      Delete
    3. Haha. It's the type that you just can't finish in one sitting.

      Delete