Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Daydreams and Night Dreams


I find it difficult to write about things that I haven't experienced. Which is probably why the fictions that I have written - including an attempt at writing a fairy tale - remain unfinished, tacky and downright ambitious. I like imagining things. I like spurting out creative juices. But I don't want to lie about things and feelings and emotions that I haven't experienced.

That's why sometimes I prefer to write about dreams - daydreams and night dreams. Because no matter how unreal or surreal they may be, the visions are real and honest to me. The process is very much like sharing stories to other people. Except that these stories are dreams. And they are real experiences. And I get to be honest about how I feel whenever I write about these things.

It is also during these ruminations that I appreciate the genius of authors who can pour themselves (or a facet of themselves, or an imagined persona) into a fictional character. Not that I can't. I can. I just find it difficult . And I don't know if my skills are mature enough to finish an entire write up filled with imaginings.

4 comments:

  1. I used to write a fiction story. But I found it too childish so, though I finished it, I scraped the idea of sharing it with others. :D Keep on writing though. Let's keep on writing. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had my attempts too when I was a bit younger. They may be embarrassing but I think they made us understand what kind of writing we'd rather make. And yes, let's never stop writing :)

      Delete
  2. You are so artistic and creative pala! Is that your drawing as well? Ikaw na talented HAHA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is not mine. Pero the previous one is. Haha. Thank you Aivan :)

      Delete