Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Why You Gotta Be So Rude?


August is alive and the new month calls for fresh tracks to update my playlist. Re-acquaintance seems to be the major theme for the past few days as I find myself browsing through old-ish songs. But of course, the thrill of finding new artists isn't a zero this month.

The list of reunions begin with Russian Red's Cigarettes and The Memory is Cruel. Both are perfect for ramen ruminations while you contemplate on lost love and tobacco urges. Cider Sky's Fall, Ingrid Michaelson's You and I and Russian Red's Fuerteventura are on the opposite side of the former spectrum and are the ultimate August anthems for lovers on a euphoric rage. Also, Lena's 2012 Stardust is the newest album I downloaded after the goosebumps I felt after relistening(?) to the first single. The entire 41 minutes is filled with bursting optimism and love that are promising to be playlist mainstays.

Akdong Musician's 200% is first on the fresh list. The Korean duo's bubbly beats and vocals is refreshing after a moody July fueled with Lana del Rey's Ultraviolence. On the OPM side of the equation, Luigi D'Avola's interpretation of No Girlfriend Since Break is the ultimate replay rapist. Trust me. It's LSS-inducing. The winner for me this month, however, is Magic!'s Rude. It's reggae, sexy and definitely good to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment