Monday, June 9, 2014

Swallowing Elephants


Washing my clothes and getting my hands submerged in froth almost always remind me of how much Accountancy is ill-suited for somebody who is as creatively inclined as me. Logic and imagination just don't usually mix and I spend most of my days idly building castles, utopias and stuff.

But then again, doing my laundry also almost always gets me thinking of the speech that I will deliver come Testimonial Night after I pass the CPA Board Examinations. Most of the time, it involves bragging about graduating valedictorian twice but mostly, to show that college was a humbling experience, that Accountancy slapped me in the face and showed me that I'm not most intellectual person in the cosmos. Strangely, I always complain about choosing Accountancy yet I've always had a hidden desire for adding the coveted CPA to my name.

Passing the board exam for somebody like me though is like being a boa constrictor attempting to swallow an elephant. It may take a whole lot of muscle stretching and bone crushing before I actually swallow and digest the library of topics needed to pass the exam.

Oh well. Serves me right for choosing elephants over gazelles or zebras or guinea pigs or whatever.

4 comments:

  1. I love your reference to "The Little Prince" the boa constrictor who ate the elephant ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was a life changing novel to be honest. One of my favorites :)

      Delete
  2. kelan kaya mafefeature art work ko sa blog mo? LOL. just kidding

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. It's not like this is the biggest blog in the blogosphere Sir. But okay. I might use your artworks soon. With proper credits of course :)

      Delete