Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Officially Unemployed


My college graduation on the 27th of March passed like a blur. Snap snap. Clap clap. Diplomas and black togas. Stuff like that. Like a roll of film with images crumpled all together coloring the screen with a fresh prism of kaleidoscope.

It's an at-the-tip-of-the-tongue phenomenon. Like when you try to remember something but all you can think of are the things that surround that something, or only parts of that something. Never the collective. My graduation felt like that. Like slices of nostalgia. Baby's breath and strands of white orchid carefully arranged on that stage, my crush at 10 o'clock, the green carpet, the cameras sparkling at the backdrop, the endless array of black togas, those hopeful faces absorbing as much as they can..

My graduation passed like a blur. Maybe because I was too absorbed in my own world. After all, I was mourning what has ended and preparing myself for what will begin.

10 comments:

  1. Think positive. 'Officially Graduated' sounds better, isn't it? Anyway, do your best! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well. It does. I suppose optimism won't hurt. Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. The next great big mission after getting your diploma is getting license! Anyways congratulations in getting your diploma :) I will get mines soon in due time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's cheers to that :D *clink clink* Graduating feels so good tbh. I'm still basking in its afterglow. Might take a while to get my license though but I'm not rushing :D

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!!! STay Happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations and good luck, rei. :)

    ReplyDelete