Sunday, October 20, 2013

Frustrated Housewife


My Aunt delivered her third baby last night and I am left at home delivering dishes to the sink. This new 'housewife' role is apparently quite difficult to play and the loads of laundry I washed yesterday and all the sweeping and wiping is making me doubt if I really can make it if I have my own kids to feed, a husband to take care of (LOL) and a beauty queen image to maintain (bigger LOL).

And no matter how much I try to sugarcoat it, I cannot change the fact that I am not, and will never be, a kitchen goddess. The only light of hope I have though is the fact that my fried pork last night wasn't burned nor did it contain unnecessary concoctions that might ultimately poison the family. And thank God there's rice cooker! Otherwise we'd be eating grains or something.

2 comments:

  1. A decade from now and I trust that you'll change your perspective. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. I suppose. Old age, wiser me, etc and stuff :D

      Delete