Thursday, February 21, 2013

Falling


I've been listening to indie bands and quirky artists the past few months and with the exception of Frank Ocean's Thinkin' 'Bout You*, San Cisco's Awkward* and Lena's Stardust*, this song proves to be the ultimate replay buddy.

I love the hippie and semi-80's vibe of the song and since Carrie Diaries stepped into primetime tivo, retro-esque music has gone all berserk in my playlists. Retro revival seems to be the scene these days and fashion muses like Tevi Gevinson for instance has obviously made the 90's and all things quirky her life maxim.

Don't get me wrong, I mean, Riri is still love and her Stay single is another favorite. It's just that these days, the urge to go un-mainstream and rock denim vests and feathered hair is stronger than the latest pop.

2 comments:

  1. Nice cheers for 90s retro!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 90's rock. Particularly because it was the decade of my birth. LOL :P

      Delete