Thursday, November 15, 2012

Two Tens


For some weird incongruous reason, birthday posts are compulsory in my universe. Maybe it is the drive to document the transition from teenage dreams to adult nightmares that made me sit in front of this canvas and once again spoil it's whiteness with lackadaisical blabberings. 

Maybe I am mourning the death of my youth but then again, youth is a state of mind and age is only a number-a really ugly number. Or maybe I am anticipating the life that I am about to live, the responsibilities that I am about to have and the many stresses and quarter-life crises I am about to face.

It is now that I realize that being 20 is like a Sunday night after a long weekend of adrenaline-overdose and youth addiction. The anticipation of the Monday, the nostalgia of memories about to be blurs, and the yearning for another round of the fun experienced; all these three are rolled in a curly ball with butterflies set inside my stomach. The feeling is uncomfortable but I am presuming that this is normal since the number 20, in my universe, is uncomfortable. 

It may take some time for me to answer age questions though. But you know what they say, practice makes perfect. And I intend to have as little of that as possible.
Happy 20th birthday to me! XD

8 comments:

  1. happy birthday, rei! and don't worry about quarter life crisis. you've got a few more years till that hits. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nyl :)

      Yeah. I suppose I can't worry about those now. Pimples and wrinkles are not good additions to problems din kasi. Haha.

      Delete
  2. gawd - your only 20... i remember - char! happy birthday kid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Why? Do I look older? LOL :P Thanks Kaloy :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, you're 11 years my junior. Don't worry, I got devirginized - to a girl - at your age. Maraming marami ka pa ma-raranasan.

    And Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gawd. The thought of screwing a girl. Hahaha. Thanks Mugen XD

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday! Hope you had a good one!

    ReplyDelete