Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sleepless Nights and Paris


It's nights like these when I just let my thoughts drift into subconsciousness, a daily escape towards surrealism, where fantasies and reality coexist.  And as I lay here in bed, wild of thought and highly immersed in that wonder drug they call dreaming, I thought of Paris and the solitary moon that hang above it. 

It was July and like most summer nights, the sky was an adobe of stars that twinkled heavily in twilight. The sun was salmon, hazy in the west and the macaroon I held was peachy in the sunset glow. I took my cigarette and puffed a halo of smoke a la Audrey Hepburn. I imagined that Yves Saint Laurent dress, billowing, as I gallivanted in front of an unknown metropolitan chateau. I was, am, stunning; an epitome of youthful vitality.

And as the slumbers fall dutifully on my lids, I remember the last scenes of my dreaming fade. A blurry photograph. A boy, with me, in that vintage Volkswagen. And a furry cat, Persian, that sat on my lap this whole time.

12 comments:

  1. your posts are poetically written, and i love them. i like daydreaming, too. it's not that bad to escape from reality from time to time. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah. Daydreaming, to me, is a breather. Iba na talaga pag-stressed. LOL

      Delete
  2. Of vintage quality [not to mention, class], which, I like. :)

    Hey, was able to read your other post yesterday. I was partly sad about it and partly relieved to know that I wasn't the only one sailing such a stormy [flood?] sea.

    Things will be better for us, Rei. Smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feels good to be normal, right? LOL The sun is shining there somewhere Green, we just have to stay firm and be patient while the weather [as metaphor] takes its toll. And yes, I, and you, should smile. Thanks Green :)

      Delete
  3. Never trust summer, or your heart. Just run strictly by your rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess so. But there are times when we just have to let loose and let things just fall into place. But that also means that there are activities that have to be done with rules.

      Delete
  4. a lovely post, rei.. more of this please? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will try hard to give birth to more of this. :) Aja!

      Delete
  5. this post is one of the reasons why you are fast becoming one of my favorite bloggers... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As in? :D You should know that your works inspire me. And to receive that compliment from you is really uplifting, and-just wow. Thank you. Thank you so much Geek.

      Delete