Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Remnants


I miss you. Your voice. 
Your hair, softly contoured with Clay Doh. 
Your hands as they held me, 
that Friday afternoon. 
Your hug before we hailed that cab and rode back to school. 
Your eyes, deep and luminescent, vivid and full of life. 
Your smile, that silly smile. 
And the silly way you make me laugh.
Now you're gone, and I'm alone, all that's left are but remnants of a past that I relive over and over again. These lonely nights of endless meanderings,
these dark lonely nights, with no one but you inhabiting my thoughts. 
I'm scared. I've lost life. My thoughts are fragmented, an inconsolable mess of woven strings,
sad, lonely, dark and void.
What have you done to me Babe?
Is it too late to fix this?

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh well. I suppose we can only embrace the new (if there is) and let go of the past. One bad thing about this post is that the emotion is fake. I forced the sadness out of my system that's why I don't think this is real enough.

      Delete
    2. if the sadness was faked, the desperation must be 'real.' lol

      Delete
    3. Hahaha. Oh yeah. I admit that. I am rather desperate at the moment. XD

      Delete
  2. hmm... you always have ways to place the sad adjectives together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm. I guess so. Promise. I wanna do something else for a change. It's becoming a chore-the sadness.

      Delete
  3. I like how the lines are cut up here - it's like the poem is passing by, like time.

    On another note: missing someone can be a bitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to capture the "fragmented thoughts" imagery. Guess it worked in a weird way. LOL

      And yeah. Missing someone is the worst feeling EVER.

      Delete