Sunday, July 8, 2012

Dreaming of Water


Last night I had a dream of brown murky waters. It was a flood that me and my friends bravely passed through. We were riding a truck, like the ones they use to collect garbage, and I remember the strong currents filling it with more water. My bag fell, the messenger, sopping the paper innards. 

The vision changed and I see a car stuck in clear blue mud. I hear someone say that you'd have to dig a particular number of inches to successfully save the car. From my peripheral vision, I could see him, a working scholar of our school tattling about with his yellow shirt on. 

It's strange but the next thing I remember was that I was accompanying my aunt to another aunt's residence. The house was located atop a hill and on the edges of its crevasses was a spring. The same rusty spring we had on our elementary school. It was bubbling-or it bubbled, dunno, the details seem too blurry, and I saw my aunt touch the water and I see the ripple gliding on the surface. I remember wooden monkey bars and the faint color of varnish on its dusty surface. 

The scene shifted to a coffee shop and I saw Superman singing. Maybe it was a school program, the students filled the space outside. He exited the cafe when the song was about to hit the chorus, it was Tagalog and I seem to know the tune but all I can remember were the lyrics. "Ikaw ang pinapangarap ko", he'd look at me, discreetly but with matching gesticulations. I suppressed reacting-but I put my tongue out to react anyway. This was the only waterless part of the dream. 

Then we were in a house, a classmate and I. I remember being in front of the urinal. My classmate was beside me and a strict spinster lady was monitoring us from whatever could happen. I grasped for the tub filled with tap water, dark in my sight, I knew it was clear. The handles were broken so I reached for the pail beside it. My classmate unzipped his pants but before I could see it, the spinster came in. I went out and I remember her face, my Grade 4 teacher.

And then I woke up. I'm not superstitious but the gravity of water images on my dream scared me that I remembered rebuking all of the bad things that could happen. It was 3:00 am

No comments:

Post a Comment