Friday, June 1, 2012

Songs and Serpent Patterns


An Aboriginal story is told of a rainbow serpent named Almudj who slept beneath the world with its belly full  of animal tribes. The awakening of Almudj created mountains and crevasses and eventually, the vomiting of the living beings inside it, thus creating the world in the process.

I dived into the sea of blankets, splashing every bit of foam on my face. Slowly, the slumber engulfs me in my memories and the blurry play of colors begin.

Everything is deja vu, a pattern severely memorized by my head. The jagged lights that seeped silently and surely past the window blinds, the shadows that danced, the smile, the daze, then the unexpected kiss that will forever light my skies

The drumming continues, and it was my heartbeat, synchronized with yours as we lay chest to chest.

The song reverberates while the scenes galloped on my hindsight. It was the boulevard and it's there where we'll have our first date. Perhaps by a coffee shop, me sipping that favorite cappuccino cup while you munch on Oreos and some strawberries we bought at a grocery store.

I remembered the regrets and our first break-up, of how I ugly-cried in front of my friends, and how I almost danced in jubilation when we kissed to patch things up. The song is a navigation, that always leads me back to how we fell in love, how I lived, died and lived again that April night.

And as the dawn comes, the plethora of emotions, stagnant by the magic of dreaming, come into reality and I wake into a world, my love emancipated.

14 comments:

  1. you always find ways to make something so heartfelt. I felt this rei, excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Promise, I try so hard to make things as real to me as possible, I think that's why you found it heartfelt, 'cause it came from the heart. ~chos hahah :P

      Thanks LJ.

      Delete
  2. that is one wonderful pattern, and if i'm understanding your post, i dare say that you've been surrounded by a myriad of pulchritude but none registers in the depths of your consciousness. too distracted by what is in the hindsight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose.

      Hahah. Yun lang ma-comment ko after all the "have-to-look-this-up-in-the-dictionary" words that you posted. Welcome to my blog Perrine :)

      Delete
  3. i've always found "first breakup" to be an explosion of meaning, except to the one who uses it as the expression.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Define "to the one who uses it as the expression". You kinda lost me at that point.

      Delete
    2. he who uses it as an expression. lol

      Delete
    3. Hahaha. I see. I see. Thanks for clarifying that out. :D

      Delete
  4. What I'm curious about is how the symbol of the serpent (negative connotation parati) impacts your relationship... perhaps we know that though there is beauty in making up, something dies after the first heartbreak. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! You captured the irony Nyl! Thanks for pointing that out :D

      Delete
    2. Ay, Irony pala peg mo. Gujab! :)

      Delete
    3. Hehe. Ganun ganun lang. The snake was perfect for the symbolism. delivery na lang then yung probs.

      Delete
  5. "my love emancipated" is very poignant...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Prince. Choice of words is indeed crucial. Thanks :D

      Delete