Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I've Gone Primitive


Seriously, thunderbolts should be a little more careful and make a U-turn every time they see telecommunication towers or broadband wires ahead. A careful drive won't hurt right? 

Anyway, I'm back from a three day hiatus after losing access to the world when both phone signals in our town and our internet connection jammed after an unprecedented thunderstorm last Sunday. Our internet's a bit lucky; it got fixed by a professional today since my efforts at hurdling wires and looping them all over weren't exactly helpful. But the unfortunate phone signals were still unfortunate. 

Being cut off from the fast lane made me realize that the life I had really was fast. Tweets to take note of, FB statuses to like, GM's to send; time literally takes a back seat every time I'm facing the computer. The last three days provided a breather that I realized I needed most.

It wasn't an easy road of course and I still am haunted with thoughts of living those past three days but one thing I'm thankful of is the focus it provided me. My chores at home were done with a bit more passion-if you consider humming tunes while doing it passion; it gave me time to read books thereby satisfying the literary thirst, and it gave me time to take care of Cousin Deb while she was in the hospital-which was both pain and pleasure.

Boredom well spent and a few learned lessons later, our internet's back with a vengeance that I'm too willing to satisfy. Now if only that phone signal starts catching up. Hoho. 


6 comments:

  1. Good thing the connection's back and as well as you..:) Indeed time runs fast that we need to cope up with it immediately. Or else, we're dead meat...

    good day...

    followed your twitter account

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was a workout living with useless gadgets. Thank you Albert :D

      Delete
  2. ganyan kalakas ang storm??? punterya pa talaga ang mga communications tower nyo. anyhow, nice to be back. 0_0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Nice to be soo back. Hope this time it'll be for good. Lightnings and thunders should tone it down noh? Kabagot kaya pag walang signal. Hoho.

      Delete
  3. 'happened to me too. I counted my friends, then I panicked. When you're 'disconnected', where do you go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm almost always in the house so there's really nowhere to do. Just have to make fun of whatever tickles my fancy. Hehe.

      Delete