Monday, March 26, 2012

Summer Stain Anthem


I grasped the butcher's knife and pressed it lightly against my shirt. Dusk has fallen, and the gasoline station in all its abandoned glory felt even more cold and uninviting.

"Perfect", I thought. The setting is movie-like, that scene  where the boy and the girl met one scorching afternoon in April. You were a perfect gentleman, nonchalant at first, but my constant gazes finally made you look my way.

You promised me forever and I unbuttoned your shirt.
You told me you loved me so I lifted up my skirt.
. . . . . . .
Our whirlwind romance, they never understood,
so I murdered them. I murdered them.

The last one was my favorite. She was my mother and her screams while I scraped off her skin was the most beautiful melody. Left her warm though, in the back of that van we once owned. I wonder how Mrs. Colombo would react seeing her dead body next to her dog house. 

She told me you were ugly, so I cut off her tongue
Saw that she was struggling so I stabbed her left lung
. . . . . . .
Our whirlwind romance, they never understood
so I murdered them. I murdered them.

I grasped the butcher's knife and pressed it lightly against my shirt. Oh crap. Now I have your blood on my H&M's.

You laughed at my thoughts, I spit on your carcass
Our whirlwind romance you never understood
so I murdered you. I murdered you.
. . . . . . .

The sound of children coming home  from school woke me up from my revelry. It's time I make a song.


The Emo Blogger's Happy Blogging Challenge: A Criminal Mind


8 comments:

  1. Is that a real song? If it isn't, it should be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. Hehe. Wrote that poem after listening to Lana del Rey's Summertime Sadness and the idea of repetition just wouldn't get out of my head. So I gave in. Hoho. :D

      Delete
    2. Okay. It makes so much more sense now. It's got thar Lana del Rey vibe that always disturbed me. :p

      Delete
    3. Huwhattt?? Don't tell me you don't like Lana Nyl? It's mortal sin to not like her. Hahah.:P

      Delete
  2. What a total mess, you criminal! LOL.

    But to back you up, I have criminal thoughts, too, worst than what you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My criminal thoughts scare me Green, does this mean that I'll tremble on yours? Hoho.

      Delete
  3. This is so intense. I love every freaking single violent thing about it!

    Nice one, Rei!

    ReplyDelete