Friday, March 16, 2012

Photographs

This was the moment I realized that I was gay :P
That's me on the left side, and that's K on the right holding my hand..

I think one of the reasons why man invented photography was that he realized that he can never really trust his brain. Time has proved to him that many of the things that he perceives in a day will be forgotten as the clock goes round. Of course, diaries and journals are written to remember such events, but these can never really compete with the photograph's ability to freeze a moment, to capture it, and forever take hold of the memory.

Graduations, birthdays, and yes, Facebook PP's,  are usually some of the many things that man tries to photograph. And fortunately for me,  my peeps are able to immortalize the very first time K held my hand. (I don't know if this is indeed the very first time, but let's just leave it at that, 'kay?)

I can't exactly recall how this happened (which makes me doubtful if this will qualify as a happy childhood memory) but I remembered taking a lot of photos when I was a lot younger. I even had shots on that old nativity scene on our plaza, on Rizal Park on our kindergarten field trip-which was also the very first time I have ever been to an airport, and some random memories of group shots and forced smiles while celebrating the annual birthdays and holidays.

You see, photographs have been and will always be an integral part of preserving memories. Sometimes they give an illusion of happiness, sometimes they capture the happiness, but most of the time, they give us  the happiness.

The Emo Blogger's Happy Blogging Challenge: A Happy Childhood Memory

8 comments:

  1. there are many peoples in this world who believe the camera captures one's soul -- leaving you to wander the earth soulless. that would make the one doing the capturing a soul-snatcher, i guess. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like a grim reaper or something? LOL. There are also those who believe that photographs capture images of souls, dunno if that's true. Haven't experienced that anyway. Hehe.

      Delete
    2. but if this photo is really of you, you apparently had your soul snatched before you started snatching. haha

      Delete
    3. Hahaha. Oh crap. Let that not be true. I wouldn't like it if I was soulless.

      Delete
  2. Back read muna to know more about K! :)

    Photographs are really wonderful. The fact that it was able to capture the innocence in the shot, this is really cool.

    And he really hold your hand. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah. I am glad that my Mommy forced us to do this. Hahaha. The fact that he held my hand made this photo even more precious, like it came to a point that I took it with me everywhere I went. Hahah.

      Delete
  3. Oh look at that! It's little Rei!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's little K. :D He's a biggie now. :P

      Delete