Sunday, February 19, 2012

Her Name is George


It all began that cold September morning when the breeze of the ocean was just right. Crispy and soft, like Nissin wafer sticks and the way they snap just between your fingers. It was sunset then and her skirt billowed against her frail scale.

I looked at her. No, gazed at her. She was magnificent against the tangerine bursts of the dying sky. Her hair was golden. And her face, Aaah, her face, Helen of Troy would’ve felt shame if she’d seen her-big brown eyes, aquiline nose, those soft pink lips and the easy-going smiles she beams like rays of cheerful sunshine.

And it was that image of her on that lazy boulevard that left etches of dreams on my dormant intuition.  Suddenly, I can see. And with sight, I gained knowledge. And understanding. And I knew that I have fallen.

Deeply.



12 comments:

  1. Better late than never: belated happy Valentines! Hope you had a blast. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't. To be honest. And I hated that day. Hahah #bitter

      Delete
  2. this post is so cool, with an emotional twist. like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a really great post!

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weren't we just having an oh-samm conversation about lesbians over at my blog? lolz

    PS I love the Nissin wafer reference. We rarely see Philippine-based references in blog posts. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Hahaha. It feels weird to be un-gay and have un-gay posts.

      And about the wafers, I happen to be eating a whole lot of them the time I was writing this. So I simply just had to insert some wafer-churva somewhere. LOL

      Delete
    2. No shame in a little lady loving haha

      And thank goodness for the wafers. It was a breath of fresh air. Now you've got me craving for some too!

      Delete
    3. True. True. Hehe. Why not go and grab yourself one? :D

      Delete
  5. Aww,this is beautiful. Passion oozes from every word you've written. Reading this makes me feel like I wanna change my name to George,haha. You're not a frustrated writer, you are a writer.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks eprilis :D This made me feel sooo elated.

      Delete