Tuesday, November 15, 2011

9 986 400 Minutes and Counting



I fear being forgotten, most of all. I shiver at the thought of years rolling by with nothing but dried flowers and melted candles on top my epitaph but not a human soul visiting nor remembering.

. . . . . . . .

The commonness of this morning enlivened these fearful thoughts. I opened my eyes realizing that I am (considering that I die of old age) a year closer to my grave. How does one act joyously on such special occasions if the mind is plagued by such sordid thoughts?

. . . . . . .

Happy Birthday to me. At least my Mom, cousins and some acquaintances didn't forget my birthday.




8 comments:

  1. ah..kaya pala nag emote kasi birthday. hehehe :)

    anyway, happy birthday to you. think of this not as a day closer to your grave but a day worth thanking for, a blessed day. God has been so good to you all these years, thinking that you have reached this age of _??_.

    blow your candle nah. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday!!! wish you all the best in the world..

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday, sweetie! don't be in such a hurry to grow up ha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday to you!

    don't think too much of the future and be mindful of the present instead. trust me, you'll feel a lot better doing so. You will see the blessings that have been bestowed upon you, your family and friends whom I'm sure love you very much.

    So enjoy as if everyday's your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Orange Pulps and @Erwin "ERS": Thank you for the responses. I do feel that I should be mature about a lot of things and that I should focus more on what is now than what is to come.

    My new principle in life is to "Never worry, be happy". Chos. Hehe

    @Albert Einstein: Thank you so much XD It's not everyday that someone with a scientist's name greets you a happy birthday.

    @Citybuoy: I'll try so hard to never grow up :P Haha. Thank you NYL

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday man. hope you had a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh...stay young at heart... :)

    a belated happy birthday...

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Josh: Thank you XD

    @the geek: Thank you. Yes, I'll definitely work hard to stay young -both physically and mentally.

    ReplyDelete